Independent Photography encourages, facilitates, and inspire the development of digital and lens based media work in east London. We have a range of facilities available for you to use, so that you can create the best family portraits, or to explore and express your creativity using photography! There is also a choice to let us develop the films for you, or if you wish you can try it yourself using the Darkroom, which is available for hire. Below is a list of facilities and options that we can provide you.
At Independent Photography we have a range of photographic and digital facilities are available for hire at IP. To use these we request that you become a subscriber, which entails a modest fee.
- We also have a darkroom which can accommodate upto 4 users at a time, so you can develop your own film and create unique effects, and it is also possible to print on 35mm, medium and large format.
- Basic B/W chemistry is included in the hire fee.
- Colour printing using your own chemistry is also possible.
- The new digital suit houses 4 fast Pentium III workstations.
- Hire includes use of recent editions adobe premier and photoshop, a internet connection and A4 scans.
- Photo-quality prints upto A3 can be made for an additional charge.
Studio space, Bowens flash lighting and backgrounds are available onsite.
Photographic equipment available for off-site use
We have several 35mm standard cameras with lens, tripods and portable flashguns.
IP works in close collaboration with its partners and pools of freelance artists to generate project ideas aligned to its mission, vision an aims. Amongst others, we work with regeneration agencies, with schools and the youth sector, with the Greenwich Arts Education Forum, and the Charlton Athletic Race Equality Team.
We welcome approaches from artists whose work is defined within a socially engaged practice and are keen to develope new ideas for collaborations. Projects are artist leads with and emphasis on the experience of the participants and artists.